The question: “tell me about yourself” has always felt rather daunting to me. I don’t know how to answer the question honestly while also making myself sound interesting. So here are some things about me that I might not say right away, but I think are just as important as the “I was born here” and “I want to do this” of the conversation.
1. I love the sound of rain. It’s raining right now and the sound tapping against my window leaves my stomach aflutter and gives me a feeling of nostalgia- I can’t remember all the other times I’ve listened to the rain, but none the less there is a feeling of familiarity and comfort.
2. I never wanted to dye my hair; I got talked into it by a friend and now I miss my natural colour. So the answer is no, this is not my natural colour, and no I am not happy about it.
3. I would probably rather be reading/watching Netflix (or both) than doing anything else.
4. I’m a stupidly huge romantic; I want to get married and it to be a beautiful celebration of love and I want to create a wonderful little family and be happy forever. Oh… I’m not supposed to mention that on a first date? Huh.
5. The approval of my family means a lot more to me than I care to admit.
6. The approval of people in general means a lot more to me than I care to admit.
7. I refuse to accept the idea that money can’t buy happiness, because money can buy food and as far as I’m concerned food is happiness.
8. I’m instantly more attracted to someone who has a dog. Or even a cat sometimes. But mostly dogs.
9. I struggle with anxiety.
10. I hate picky eaters. Can’t stand them.
Anything else you’d like to know about me?